Floyd Mayweather denies agreeing deal to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa

Sport
102 102 Vibes 0 Comments

Floyd Mayweather has not agreed to an official bout with kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, the former five-weight world boxing champion has said on Instagram.

The former five-weight boxing world champion appeared in Japan at a press conference earlier in the week to apparently promote a contest with Nasukawa, 20, who competes in the RIZIN Fighting Federation.

Nasukawa holds a record of 27-0 in kickboxing and a 4-0 in mixed martial arts.

But in an Instagram post, the 41-year-old said his team were “completely derailed”, after originally agreeing to a small behind-closed-doors exhibition event for “wealthy spectators”.

“Now that I am back on US soil, after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31 that was recently announced,” Mayweather wrote.

“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact [with all due respect] I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan.

“Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a nine-minute exhibition of three-rounds with an opponent selected by the Rizen Fighting Federation.

“What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘special bout’, purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.

“Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going, and we should have put a stop to it immediately.

“I want to sincerely apologise to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference, and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.

“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.

“I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money globally for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”



Read Full Article
Source
ew

What to Read Next

Nike’s Latest Cortez Features Luxe Crushed Velvet Florals
Footwear

Nike’s Latest Cortez Features Luxe Crushed Velvet Florals

Nike‘s classic Cortez silhouette has received its latest update, which is a little more wearable and equally as…

The Latest Nike Air Max Plus Dons A Faded Rose Gradient
Footwear

The Latest Nike Air Max Plus Dons A Faded Rose Gradient

Nike has just revealed an Air Max Plus colorway, featuring a deep salmon and white gradient design. The…

Kylian Mbappe ‘wanted PSG to provide him with a private jet’ as part of his contract
Random

Kylian Mbappe ‘wanted PSG to provide him with a private jet’ as part of his contract

French starlet Kylian Mbappe asked PSG to provide him with a private jet for 50 hours per year…

The Weeknd Announces New Album ‘Chapter 6’
Entertainment

The Weeknd Announces New Album ‘Chapter 6’

The Weeknd Announces a New Album Is Coming. The Weeknd released his album “Starboy” back in 2016, and…

CDQ Reveals Artwork & Track list for New Album ‘Ibile Mugabe (The Voice)’
Entertainment

CDQ Reveals Artwork & Track list for New Album ‘Ibile Mugabe (The Voice)’

CDQ has released the art and track list for his forthcoming album titled – Ibile Mugabe (The Voice).…

VIDEO: Butch Of JMG ft. Peruzzi – Idi Ok
Videos

VIDEO: Butch Of JMG ft. Peruzzi – Idi Ok

BuTcH of JMG teams up with DMW’s fast rising act Peruzzi on Idi Ok. A musical blend was…