After all the success Drake has had over the years, from dominating the music industry, to moving into the worlds of fashion and basketball, the business-minded Drizzy hasn’t finished yet as he announced a new venture into the cannabis industry on Thursday.

Drizzy has now partnered with the Canadian cannabis giant, Canopy Growth in a deal which will see the two launch the new More Life Growth Company, which will be officially known as a cannabis producer based in Drake’s hometown of Toronto.

Although this is interesting news for Drake fans, he is not the first music star to take the step into the world of cannabis.

With big stars such as Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and Whoopi Goldberg amongst many others being some of the names to inspire Drake to make this business move, high profile business ventures are definitely seen as a way to lend credibility and trust to a business.

But with this being said, there are unique selling points that do separate Drake from the rest in this competitive and star-studded trend.

It has been found that other celebrities have only been known to be minority investors with advisory roles – with Drizzy’s involvement in his business being one which will see him as a majority owner of More Life Growth Company with powers to oversee the nations regulated cannabis market.

Drake will own 60% of his company, with Canopy Growth owning the remaining 40% while also having the freedom to “exclusively exploit intellectual property” both in Canada and internationally.

It has not been announced when More Life Growth Company will be officially launched, but there are definitely plenty of avid weed-smokers who are excited for the company to begin its reign.