Elite NBA players have become global icons thanks to the sport touching every corner of the planet and shoe companies elevating these players to supermen in their marketing campaigns. NBA shoe deals are the biggest endorsement contracts across all sports and can top $30 million a year in the case of James.
The NBA’s 10 biggest endorsement stars will generate a combined $234 million off the court this year.
It’s no surprise King James lands the top spot, thanks in part to his seven-year $90 million USD contract with Nike. Rounding out the top three is Stephen Curry with $42 million USD and Kevin Durantwith $33 million USD. According to Forbes, the NBA’s 10 biggest endorsement stars will generate a combined $234 million USD off the court this year. Take a look at the top 10 below and head over to Forbes for more details.
NBA’s 10 Biggest Endorsement Stars
1. LeBron James: $52 million USD
2. Stephen Curry: $42 million USD
3. Kevin Durant: $33 million USD
4. James Harden: $20 million USD
5. Russell Westbrook: $19 million USD
6. Kyrie Irving: $14 million USD
7. Damian Lillard: $14 million USD
8. Dwyane Wade: $14 million USD
9. Giannis Antetokounmpo: $13 million USD
10. Klay Thompson: $13 million USD